If elected, I will sponsor and work diligently to pass legislation to repeal all federal laws that abridge an individual’s right of self-defense, and protect the rights of all granite staters to exercise their 2nd Amendment Rights as protected by The Constitution.
Why we should end restrictions on self-defense
- The right of self-defense both deters and thwarts crime, minimizing the harm that criminals can inflict on innocent, law-abiding citizens.
- There is no such thing as a “gun-free” zone. Murderers don’t care about gun regulations. They take guns wherever they please. Only innocent, law-abiding citizens obey such laws, leaving them defenseless.
- There are only two types of zones possible: one where bad guys go unchallenged, and one where law-abiding citizens can take them down.
- Taking away the right of self-defense puts innocent men, women, and children in harm’s way.
- Studies show that violent-crime rates are lower where citizens have the right to keep and bear arms.
- Anti-gun laws result in more violence: more murders, more rape, more assault, more muggings, more home invasions, and more theft.
- Blaming guns for murder is like blaming a pencil for a misspelling.
- Repealing anti-self-defense laws will make America safer.